Monday, February 25, 2013

This birthday was bound to be epic.....

A few months ago, one of my besties and I purchased a Groupon for Archers Afield in Tigard.  It was a 30 minute private lesson for 4. We took our oldest boys and had a date night.  If you are unfamiliar with Archers Afield, it's an archery store with indoor lanes and a separate room for private lessons.  Upon entering, I saw "birthday parties" mentioned in the window.  Guess where my soon-to-be-6-year-old wanted his birthday party?!?!  So we finalized the guest list and got the Star Wars invitations sent.  Then I started thinking...I'm going to willingly give 14 kids between 6 and 9 bows and arrows- wth was I THINKING?!?!?!  I figured it was going to be epic- epic awesomeness or epic fail including ambulance rides. Friends, it was epic AWESOMENESS.  It was amazing!  The kids had a half hour lesson with Steven and they listened- focused the whole time! Then had snacks and cupcakes (while the parents got a turn!). Then another half hour of archery for the kids.  All the kids said it was "the best party ever!"
Steven giving the lesson

My 6 year old taking aim.

The first round begins....


The targets- they actually put the balloons up and I had printed some Star Wars villains off for the kids to aim at.  Prizes were given to any kid that hit and popped a balloon (each kid ended up hitting at least one)  :-)


The food: 

The main table- each kid had a water bottle with "Jedi Warrior" and their name on it. Clone Trooper helmets courtesy of my bestie and her sister (also a friend) .

Cupcakes- chocolate box mix with blue frosting and silver sprinkles for that "space" look.  The toppers were Star Wars confetti glued onto black cardstock that I used the hole punch for and sandwiched a toothpick in between.  There is a villain on one side and a good guy on the other.  

The food table: from left to right is: Yoda Soda (green Kool-Aid), Light Sabers (skewers of cantaloupe, pineapple, and strawberry), Vader Veggies and Droid Dip (Ranch)

Continuing on we have Obi-Wan Kornobi (Popcorn), Wookie Cookies (Animal Crackers and Nilla Wafers), Ewok Snacks (Pirate Booty, Goldfish, Pretzel mix), and Galatic Grapes (who's name tag was forgotten.... grrr....)  Along the back of the table were extra water bottles for the parents- their tags read "Jedi Council." 

 
A closeup of the targets. 


The after shot of all the kids. :) 


I couldn't resist putting this one in either- it's a picture of my hubby and my youngest (2).  It's so adorable, don't you think?!?!


I was amazed at this party- for the cost and what you received, excellent!!!  

Happy Birthday my dear Sawyer.  May this year be filled with wonder, amazement, and laughter daily.  I love you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment